Tuesday, August 9, 2011

#1 Rule-Consistency Among the Brand


A brand has a character, a look, a tone of voice and a way of behaving. There is a reason McDonalds has been so successful, aside from the hot crispy fries and playgrounds. The have brand and product consistency.(Ok and they market to the ideal guest, the child, who in turn brings at least one more guest-the parent- ingenious, btw)

I live in the Ansley Park area and have a Thai restaurant within walking distance that has a sister restaurant in Decatur. I would love to eat at the one nearest me, but to get that delicious Pad Ke Mao, I have to hike it out of the county. Booo, shame on you! It's so annoying. Why is that? Who's in charge of quality control? It's a real turn off and I don't want the cop out that it's an asian restaurant. That is BS. I didn't move into the city, to have to drive my ass out of the city.

Another example: I went to the Royal Orchid in the Midtown Promenade at about 10:10. They close at 10:30. I asked for a menu and knew by their tone that they were closed. Oh and the mopping and seats up;) Instead of just saving me for the half ass meal that was about to come, they said sure sit down. I KNEW I was going to get a half assed meal. I got steamed unseasoned shrimp in pre cooked rice noodle and heated up sauce underneath my stir fry. The noodles, shrimp and veggies had not been seasoned or stir fried with the sauce. It was disgusting. In addition, I asked for Thai hot. THREE TIMES. Which she looked at me saying yea sure, yet thinking - you can't hang with us you American. So she brought out this food with sides of chilli condiments even though I specified I want my chili cooked into my food, not on the side. It's like you have to come with your asian co-signer. Sometimes, when I need to validate that I'm "down" I whip out my I.D, which has my last name "Ho" to get me the stamp of asian approval to have my food cooked hot. I hate having to send my food back when I am starving and then having my seafood inadvertently over cooked in the process. I will lie and say I am asian if I have to. Just make my food Thai hot. Okay?

Anyway, the point, was that they should have said, "Sorry we are closed even though its twenty minutes early and the kitchen is shut down, I cannot make Pad Ke Mao the way it is SUPPOSED to be made. I wouldn't want to serve you a sub par product because we want your return business."

I can only thank them for being part of the muse for this post.
Thank you Royal Orchid:)

No comments:

Post a Comment

THOUGHTS?